Well, not all projects go as planned, but overall this one still turned out 🙂
Watch the video or read on below to see how to make this glow in the dark ghost lantern!
🖌 Silhouette Cameo: https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/machines/cameo
🖌 Single Hole Punch – Swingline 1 Hole Punch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IBK9/
🖌 Paint Brush
🖌 UV Light
🖌 Popsicle Sticks – Artlicious – 1000 Natural Wooden Popsicle Sticks: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071L59Q7J/
🖌 Mixing Cups: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y3ZXS7P/
🖌 Lantern or other Jar/Container
🖌 Shrink Plastic – Silhouette Shrink Plastic Sheets: https://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=471254&u=1889279&m=46676
🖌 UV Resin – Limino UV Resin: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJNGC4R/
🖌 Glow in the Dark Powder – HXDZFX Glow in the Dark Pigment Powder: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075WVHM53/
- Gather your materials!
- Print or draw your design on your shrink plastic.
- If you are making any ghosties as charms then using a single hole punch punch a hole towards the top of the charm.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and follow the directions on your packet for which way to face the shrink plastic.
- Bake according to directions!
- Once cool you can begin making them glow 🙂
- Pour a little bit of UV resin into a plastic cup and add a smidge of glow in the dark powder. Add more glow in the dark powder if you prefer 🙂 Stir until fully mixed together.
- Using a paintbrush, paint the resin onto the shrink plastic.
- Cure either in the sun per the bottles directions or under a UV lamp for around 4 minutes.
- If your lantern has open sides like mine measure the sides and cut out some clear film to fit!
- Superglue in the clear film.
- Remove the top of the lantern.
- Once the film is set in place fill the lantern with two part resin (mix resin according to directions) and begin to fill the lantern.
- Set your ghosties in the lantern and allow to fully cure.
- Place the top of the lantern back on.
- Set out in the sun or under a UV light to make the ghosties glow!
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.